Have you tried Wantable yet? I'm back with another subscription box and this time I am simultaneously confused and excited. Reason being, Wantable is a subscription that is supposed to be contoured to your liking. This is based on the quiz they have you take to see what would best fit your fancy. Well, I got a few colors I don't know how they came up with, yet I also really love some of the products. Read on for my thoughts and swatches.
I received the following:
- OFRA Black gel liner $14.99 - I love gel liner and you can never have too much. I really like the consistency. It's like a mousse texture. Much softer than what I normally use. I've actually never seen it like this. The performance is so smooth and It dries pretty fast, but comes off so easily with makeup remover.
- Mirabella duo eyeshadow $30 - The quality of these is very nice and pigmented, but the colors are not something I would wear out. They are play colors to me. check out the swatches down below.
- Glam Natural Mineral Eye brow pencil in soft blonde $25 - As much as I love brow pencils, I have almost black brows, so that wouldn't work for me. I can't think of a reason that would be sent to me. Regardless, It will come in useful as part of a gift to a friend or maybe for a giveaway.
- Tini Beauty Lipstick in Cognac $18 - A VERY coppery, penny color with a lot of sheen. This is also something that befuddles me. It's just not even close to my color or something I would ever choose. However, the quality is nice. Very creamy.
- Real techniques Retractable Kabuki brush $10- This I am gaga over. When I touched this brush it was like petting my cat. It's so soft and applies powder nicely. It's a treat to use on my face really. The packaging is really cute and I love the pink color. It's also just the right size to travel with but not too small to use every day comfortably.
Gotta love the personal touch. It's a little something extra that's not needed, but always appreciated.
As you can see, everything is very nicely pigmented.
My thoughts on this makeup subscription box are a bit mixed. I love 2 of the products. One is ok, but I probably would never spend $30 on eyeshadow. The rest aren't what I can use and the colors are so off from what I said I liked. Despite the retail for those 3 products passing the total of the box price ( $ i'm still not saving any money with the other products, as they're not useful. I know these things can be hit or miss sometimes, but I felt this was so random. I think where it went wrong was when I said I "liked" some warm products, but I "love"cooler toned products. That's how I ended up with bronze lipstick. So, in conclusion. I would not say you like anything that is warm when you much prefer cooler colors, and vice versa. You can't pick which types of products will be warm or cool, so it's a crap shoot. I STILL do not know why I ended up with a Blonde brow liner though. That's just way off. I don't remember if they ask for your hair color, eye color and complexion, but they should probably do that. I'm thinking it would help the choosing process a lot.
Well, the great thing about Wantable is that they take FREE returns, so you know they are dedicated to making you a happy customer. I would say give them a fair shot, but answer the questions carefully.
Wantable also carries a jewelry and intimates subscription box and I have tried the Intimates version. It was REALLY nice, so I definitely recommend that without hesitation. I use all the products I got in that all the time.
Experience Wantable below. Shipping is free to and from!